Sex Addiction is...
- "the attempt to meet legitimate needs by going to illegitimate means in order to get those needs met" definition of addiction by Chip Dodd
- living / acting in secret by hiding certain behaviors fearing abandonment and rejection
- the struggle to live authentically with oneself and with others by the avoidance of feeling one's feelings thus living withdrawn
How do you know if your fall into the category of addiction? There are several screenings as previously mentioned. Here are two quick and easy ways. (1) Take the self administered test on www.sexhelp.com or (2) Answer the following six questions...
PATHOS: 6 Questions to Screen for Sex Addiction
- Preoccupied – Do you often find yourself preoccupied with sexual thoughts?
- Ashamed – Do you hide some of your sexual behavior from others?
- Treatment – Have you ever sought therapy for sexual behavior you did not like?
- Hurt others – Has anyone been hurt emotionally because of your sexual behavior?
- Out of control – Do you feel controlled by your sexual desire?
- Sad – When you have sex, do you feel depressed afterwards?
PATHOS: A Brief Screening Application for Assessing Sexual Addiction. (Carnes, et.al) 2012
Recovery Groups | 12 Step Groups:
firstname.lastname@example.org | 2729 Bransford Ave. Nashville, TN 37204 | (615) 601 - 1334